Thursday, February 5, 2009

Banana A Day - First Blood


If I considered my favourite movies by the amount that I have watched them then this would be number one. I have watched it too many times to count. I have seen it on DVD and VHS alot but the best time is when I say it on the big screen as part of a Rambo marathon before a preview screening of the terrible Rambo 4. The length is the perfect amount of time, it doesn’t over stay its welcome and that is the key to a good action movie. I believe that there are no slow parts in this movie at all and that no scene could be cut. The dialogue is great and it has some of the most memorable lines from the 80s. I am so glad that Stallone was not happy with his line delivery and had the majority of his lines taken out, because if he talked to much this movie definitely would not be for me. I just want to see him hurt people but never kill them.If your not doing Blu-Ray then I recommend the 2 disc DVD. The key to watching this is remembering to bring a good supply of body bags.

This is the Japanese poster for the movie.I would consider this false advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment