Monday, May 4, 2009

Shotguns and Stilettos - The Holiday



I just watched The Holiday again over the weekend. It’s been a while since I’ve watched it but I’m glad I did. The holiday has a great cast, with Kate Winslet, funny man Jack Black, Cameron Diaz, and to round it off, Jude Law. This is a great comedy and has many funny aspects in it. The story follows Winslet and Diaz, who have each faced a major love catastrophe and wind up switching houses with each other, one in England the other in California. Although this movie was mostly fun and light hearted, I enjoyed how the storyline still contained some deep and somewhat serious moments. Each of the four characters have to reach a pivotal turning point in their lives, and once they do they are able to find true happiness. As I was watching this movie, I couldn’t help but be impressed with Jack Black who I am not denying is a funny guy, but I was weary of how he would fair in a romantic comedy. To my surprise though, Black made his character rival with the attractiveness of Jude Law, which is definitely a feat to be held. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie; it keeps you laughing and is really a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment