Monday, May 18, 2009

Shotguns and Stilettos - Pride and Prejudice


I’ve seen many of the different versions Pride and Prejudice has taken over the years, and this by far is my personal favourite. Starring Keira Knightly as Elizabeth Bennet and Matthew Macfadyen as Mr. Darcy, who is of course her white knight. After watching this movie, I can’t help but be extremely happy for living in this current time period, the large majority of this movie is about finding someone to marry and being a family disgrace if you don’t. Keira Knightly’s character Elizabeth is against this idea, and she does what she thinks is best and follows her heart (even though it gets her into trouble). We all know the rest of the story for this movie, so I’m not going to focus much more on that. What I must say about this movie though, they have some unbelievable camera shots and breathtaking scenery and I am not over exaggerating when I say this. As well, Knightly does an exceptional job embodying her character, her acting skills are really what pull you in to this movie, because you go through everything that she goes through, I would definitely say this is one of her best movies. I’m sure Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice will continue to be spun in all sorts of different directions for many years to come, but as far as I am concerned no one will be able to trump any part of this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment