Monday, June 1, 2009

Shotguns and Stilettos - Domino

Of all the movies that I have ever watched, this one had the most female kick buttery I have ever seen. What I found most intriguing about this film is that Domino is actually a real person. I know absolutely nothing about bounty hunting except that I assume it is generaly a male dominated profession. I found it especially cool that a female was able to break the mould and smack some bad guys heads around. Clearly the storyline is over exaggerated, but I think it added a lot to the theme of the movie. The DVD of this film had some enjoyable bonus features, showing a short documentary of Domino Harvey, as well her participation in helping create the film. Domino had two famous parents, her father was actor Laurence Harvey, who was well known for starring in the Manchurian Candidate, as well, her mother was model Paulene Stone, former Vogue cover girl. Her father died when she was quite young and this is briefly touched upon in the film. I again enjoyed Keira Knightly as the main character in the film, Domino herself. She has a certain presence about her that makes you believe she is a person who is sort of out there and kind of crazy, it adds a lot to the movie. Unfortunately when I did some background searching of the real Domino Harvey, I found that she never actually got to see this movie based on her life. Domino died a few months before the movie was released, she suffered from a heart attack in her bathtub at the age of thirty five. This was a movie that at first glance I had no interest in, but I did find to be very interesting and was actually quite surprised that I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment