Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Box Office Review - Earth


After a successful television run and a very successful DVD run, Planet Earth comes to the big screen in an edited incarnation called Earth. The majority of the film is taken from the first episode of the series called From Pole to Pole. This is where my main problem comes in. I have only watched that episode, so even though I had seen a lot of it there was a fair bit of stuff that I had not seen. If a family had watched the entire series, why would they need to pay theatre prices to watch it again? It does look good on the theatre screen, but if I had not seen the series, and I had a family of say four that wanted to see it why wouldn’t I just buy the set for forty dollars. It would cost that much to get into the theatre, and you would be watching a version that of course is not as complete as the five disc set. I know that I am running off a bit, but with Disney's new nature branch, they should be creating new original content. There is not much more incite I can give about the film, and if you have seen the trailer you know what you are getting into. There is nothing wrong with the film its self, and to conclude, it is not hard listen to James Earl Jones narrating for an hour and a half, and if you do go see this, don't expect anything more than a Discovery channel program, because that’s what it is.

A Good Banana



No comments:

Post a Comment