Monday, May 11, 2009

Shotguns and Stilettos - Bandidas


At the beginning of this movie, I thought it was going to be another one of those films where the storyline is boring and predictable and I didn’t think I would enjoy it that much. But midway through this movie, I was totally engrossed. The storyline develops really well. I enjoyed the humorous tone throughout the film. Salma Hayek and Penelope Cruz work well off each other. Hayek and Cruz are pretty much on the opposite ends of the spectrum, as one is quite wealthy and the other is barely getting by. They are only brought together when they are seeking revenge for the death of their fathers. They realize that there is corruption in their land of Mexico, and they turn into Robin Hood like characters. Stealing from the rich to give to the poor. Steve Zahn makes an appearance as a quirky criminologist, and his character adds a lot to the overall tone of the movie. What I particularly enjoyed about this film was how strong willed Cruz and Hayek’s characters were. They kicked butt and did whatever it took to help their people and get rid of the tyrant who was taking advantage of them. This was a great movie, and I loved the power that these two women had. I will definitely add this to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment