Sunday, February 14, 2010

What I Watched Last Week

(click on the title to go to its IMDB page)
The Book Of Eli
Checked this out for the second time, and I really enjoy this movies. Definitely my favorite Hughes Brothers film. I love Denzel's performance and the over all Western vibe of the movie. I welcome the recent surge of post apocalyptic films. It is one of my favorite genres.

Saving Private Ryan
I can't remember not watching this on TV, so I got a DVD copy and watched the entire thing for the first time in a long time. The last forty minutes of the film is awesome. It has got to be one of the best war scenes every in a movie. The rest of the movie is only all right. I had forgotten that Paul Giamatti was in the movie, so that was a welcome surprise.

The Burrowers
This is a rather impressive horror film set in the wild west. It does a lot with a low budget, and probably could have been released in theaters instead of going straight to DVD. There are some amazing, Terrence Malik type shots. This is a unique viewing experience and should not be missed.

Friday
A solid hang out movie featuring Ice Cube and Chris Tucker.

The House of the Devil
A second viewing made my movie heart grow much founder of the insanely well crafted movie. Jocelin Donahue is in every scene of this and she masterfully carries the film. This is a great send up to 80s horror films.

Carriers
I cool twist on the post apocalyptic genre. It features a world killing virus that doesn't turn people into zombies. The characters a realistically portrayed, and at times they aren't like able at all. More a drama then a horror film. This movie is solidly directed and acted.



No comments:

Post a Comment