Friday, February 12, 2010

Box Office Review - The Wolfman


You would be hard pressed to find a more consistently good actor then Benicio Del Toro. His performance in The Wolfman is no different. In fact all of the performances are good. Anthony Hopkins, Emily Blunt, and Hugo Weaving do their jobs well. Director Joe Johnston does a good job creating the gothic setting for the film, and after looking at his past film work (The Rocketeer, Jurassic Park 3), this is his best film. With all this going for the film, why didn’t I love the movie? Well I will tell you. Wolfman never aspires to be anything great. There is nothing in the film that hasn’t been seen many times before. There are some original kill scenes, but you can find that in any number of horror movies. I found myself getting bored near the end, because everything that happens is predictable. I don’t want to slag this movie much more, because it is a solid film. I would much rather see a solid film that doesn’t aspire to anything, than a film that aspires for something great and fails. If you like the classic monster Wolfman then you will like this movie. I have never been that big a fan of the character and I enjoyed what was done with it here. Watch this movie for the acting and you will be in for a fine movie experience,

A Good Banana

No comments:

Post a Comment