Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Banana A Day - The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

The most incredible thing about this movie is that it is only Andrew Dominik's second film and he has already created a visual masterpiece. The film borrows heavily from Terrence Malick, and I only say this as a complement because I am a major fan of Mr. Malick (I am listening to the soundtrack to The New World as I write this). There is much more dialogue in this then in Malick's films and Andrew Dominik seems to have a thing for shooting through glass. The film really gets under my skin as a watch it and the tension that it creates is outstanding. The major fault of the movie is that Zooey Deschanel is underused. I feel that in the original cut she must have had a more substantial role, and maybe someday we will be able to see that version.

No comments:

Post a Comment