Friday, February 6, 2009

Box Office Review - Coraline


Henry Selik proves once again that he is the master of stop motion animation with this dark children’s movie. I would say that it is dark enough that if I was under six years old I would have been terrified by this movie. This is not the target audience, but the advertisements must make parents think otherwise, from the amount of crying children in the theatre I was in. Since I am not a six year old I found this movie a very enjoyable fantasy film. The voice casting of this movie was superb. Teri Hatcher and John Hodgman are the parents and Dakota Fanning is the daughter. Their voices definetly suit the films style and there was also a great supporting appearance by one of my favourite actors Keith David. The visuals were stunning and the 3D just improved upon that. This is one of the best animated movies that I have seen and it will go along side the growing collection of masterpieces that Henry Selik has created.


A Gold Banana

No comments:

Post a Comment