Friday, March 13, 2009

Banana A Day - Broken Arrow

(The pictures not from the movie, because I couldn't find a good one and was too lazy to pull one off the DVD myself. Enjoy the John Woo picture.) I taped this off TV back in the 90s, and after watching it so many times the tape no longer worked.This is John Woo's second American film after Hard Target and it definitely is a precursor to the style that he developed in the late 90s. The film is ridiculous, but it is John Woo ridiculous, so there are no complaints from me. The action is great. Travolta and Slater play very well off each other, and they deliver some great lines. Interestingly there are no slow motion shots of birds, which is something of a trademark for Woo, but there is a scene with some shots of butterflies. I do prefer the stuff that Woo was doing in the 80s,but for a fan of 80s/90s action this is a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment