Thursday, March 12, 2009

Box Office Review - Two Lovers


Of the three movies that James Gray has done with Joaquin Phoenix this is my favourite. The film is focused on Phoenix’s character as he gets involved in two relationships. One is with Vinessa Shaw and the other is with Gwyneth Paltrow. All of the characters are well written and the situations that they are put in feel realistic. I felt that Joaquin’s character was very relatable as he is similar to people that I have known throughout my life. That is the strongest reason why this film works so well for me. Style wise it looks great and the sound design is noticeably good. The film does feel a bit slow at times, but that should be expected from a story such as this. If you are able to relate to the characters in the film than I feel that the feel will be a good experience for the filmgoer. As in real life though, the characters are not always that likable and some audiences may find that difficult to over look.

A Good Banana





No comments:

Post a Comment