Friday, March 26, 2010

Box Office Review - How To Train Your Dragon



When looking at Dreamworks Animation’s filmography there are a lot of stinkers. Antz,Shark Tale, Over the Hedge are some of them. There are only three Dreamworks Animation films I can say I enjoy. Chicken Run, Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Wererabbit, and Kung Fu Panda. With the release of How To Train Your Dragon I can now make that four I enjoy. After seeing the first trailer I had no interest in HTTYD. Before Alice in Wonderland 3D I saw a trailer that actually had me interested in the film. That may have been due to the use of the song Your So Cool from True Romance. The film itself was above and beyond any expectations I had for it. It was if the animators decided to take all the hardest things to animate put them in a movie and due them really well. There are many scenes involving fire, water, enormous scale, and speed, sometimes all in one sequence. I can’t think of an animated film that does even one of these things as well as HTTYD does. With all this brilliant imagery I recommend seeing the movie in IMAX. Even if the ticket price is so expensive that I had to promise one of my future unborn children to the studio. I believe that it is worth it. I wish that I was good enough with words to describe how great this movie looked. It has to be seen to be fully appreciated. The story and the voice acting are on par with the animation. There are many familiar voices throughout the movie. Jay Baruchel, Kristen Wiig, Gerard Butler, Jonah Hill, TJ Miller, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Craig Fergusson, and American Ferrera. The story is a fun adventure movie that as with most popular kids movies will be as interesting to adults as it is to children. I found that the humour and drama was balanced very well compared to some recent popular animated films. All in all I was very impressed with this movie. The only improvement I can think of is on the title.

A Gold Banana





No comments:

Post a Comment