Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Box Office Review - She's Out Of My League


Critics like to throw around the phrase “Best Movie Since”, and I hate it. I did come up with a great “Best Movie Since” quote, so even though I hate to say it here goes. She’s Out Of My League is the best movie to use the Pittsburgh Penguins since Jean Claude Va Damme’s Sudden Death. I hope that quote ends up on the DVD. That statement about She’s Out Of My League is the truth. The movie is very funny and heartfelt. Of course there are some cliché elements that didn’t belong in the film. No more 90s pop music in pseudo romantic comedies. This movie uses Everclear’s She’s So High Above Me. That song could turn the pope into the Zodiac killer, but the rest of the movie would turn him back. I should just end the review here, because I am recommending the movie even though they used such a heinous song. That tells you how enjoyable it is. The cast makes this movie. Jay Baruchel (Knocked Up and every movie that comes out this year) and Alice Eve (Big Nothing) play the leads well. They have decent chemistry and had a believable relationship. Mike Vogel (Cloverfield), T.J. Miller (Cloverfield), and Nate Torrance (Get Smart) are Baruchel’s coworkers and friends and they provide the majority of the laughs throughout the movie. The casts willingness to work the story makes the movie feel fresh in a genre that is made up of copycats. I would compare this to Forgetting Sarah Marshall for watch ability. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it, so go and see it.

A Good Banana



No comments:

Post a Comment